Versions 2.1 to 2.5 of the Rapid Resizer won't run with Vista's Data Execution Prevention. Previous and later versions work fine. (The latest version works fine with Vista.) DEP is usually off by default. To disable it only for the Rapid Resizer:
- Click on the Windows logo on the bottom left of the screen.
- Right click on Computer (on the right, in the middle vertically).
- Choose Properties.
- Click on Advanced System Settings (on the left, under Tasks).
- Choose the Advanced tab.
- Click the first Settings button.
- Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Choose "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select".
- Click the Add button.
- Enter C:\Program Files\Rapid Resizer\Rapid Resizer.exe
- Click OK.
If the Rapid Resizer installs but doesn't start, this could be the solution.