Please ensure that you can scan from other programs. There are instructions on how to scan using Microsoft Paint below. If your computer can't scan in any program, then your scanner probably isn't setup.
If you can't upgrade, then in the choice you get when you hit the Rapid Resizer's Scan button, choose No.
If that doesn't help, choose Select Scanner (in older version of the program) from the Rapid Resizer's File menu. Choose an alternative and retry scanning.
If that fails too, you can resort to scanning from another program, such as Paint which comes with Windows. Instructions for Windows Vista and 7:
- Click on the Windows Start menu at the bottom left of your screen.
- Type paint.
- Click on Paint in the list that appears.
- Click on the blue button near the top left of your screen.
- Choose "From scanner..."
- When done scanning, click on the Copy button, near the top left.
- Switch to the Rapid Resizer and from its Edit menu choose Paste.